Saturday, August 10, 2019

Poets doing ad copy.

William Blake

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
On the highways of the night;
When E is what the gas gauge pecks on,
Pull into your friendly Exxon.

📜

T. S. Eliot

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like stromboli laid out upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted malls,
The hungry stomach calls
Of cheerful nights with pasta bowls tremendous
A family restaurant with bread sticks endless.

📝

Emily Dickinson

Because I could not brush with Crest –
It kindly brushed for me –
The Toothbrush held but just Ourselves –
And not one cavity.

📚

Allen Ginsberg

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
   starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the strip-mall streets at dawn looking
   for an Egg McMuffin,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection
   to the tasty hash browns and the coffee freshly brewed.

📃

William Shakespeare

Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing,
And like enough thou know'st, I recognize,
The charter of thy four wheels gave me blessing;
My rental of thee, thanks to Enterprise.

📖

Walt Whitman

I sing the shaver electric,
The razors of those I love unfuzz me and I unfuzz them,
Norelco will not let me off till I go, respond to them,
And dis-hirsute them, and charge them full with battery.

🖋

Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel each
And be one traveler, long I stood
And peered at my phone as best I could
To Google Maps, to find the beach.

2 comments:

Tanthalas39 said...

e e cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart)I am never without it(i keep
it safe in a coach hand bag,my dear); and
you can find the latest styles at target,
my darling

FredKey said...

Love it!