Monday, August 26, 2019

Poems for Monday.

📅

COUPLETS

The klaxon rings, down falls the dread
The sunset glow of weekend shred
The morning call to go to work
And answer to some dopey jerk
By dint of some seniority
Appointed my authority

LIMERICK

There once was a feller named Bundy
Said "I have no problem with Mundy
Or there would be no hitch
If we just made a switch
So that Tuesdy would follow the Sundy."

HAIKU

Morning bus is late
Traffic jam fills my Monday
Murder me now please

SONNET

This Monday causes great distress, I fear
The Ferguson report is overdue
I open my Excel sheet with a tear
The data blur, I haven't got a clue
Vice presidents await this numbered chart
To crunch and chew the figures I present
And yet I feel so deeply in my heart
My figures will be battered, bruised, and rent
Alas! The wheat from overseas is chaff
And trade wars, threats, and tariffs overcome
The best I can compile on this graph
Can't fail to make our CEO look dumb
I fear the officers must then save face
By dumping blame upon my humble place

FREE VERSE

YOU SUCK MONDAY
EAT my PANTS
GO AWAY and DIE
and TAKE WEDNESDAY WITH YOU JUST
BECAUSE

2 comments:

Mongo919 said...

I much prefer your channeling of Allen Ginsberg to the real thing. Reducing "Howl" by 99% and taking away none of the meaning - brilliant! ;)

FredKey said...

Thanks, Mongo! Ginsburg spoke at my college while I was an undergrad -- this was before he died, you understand -- and I'm kind of sorry I missed him even though I find his stuff impossible.