Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hulk M&M's.

Discovered something when a new product came over the transom since last week's Candy Roundup -- and that was the fact that we had a transom. Did you know this? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

Also, it occurred to us that Mars is now making these giant M&M's -- M&M's Mega, they're called. I'd seen the package before but finally got curious enough to buy. 

They're big.

But they don't MEGA MELT in your hand.
Three times the chocolate, says the gang at Mars, and I think that's right. The shell seems a little thicker too, probably to compensate for all that chocolately goodness packed in there. You don't want to load five pounds of baloney in a four-pound sack, and you don't to load three times the M&M's chocolate into a one-times shell.

Seems like these Megas would be the bullies of the M&M's world:



But when you get down to it, they're horribly outnumbered by the little M&M's of all the many varieties, which are: plain, peanut, peanut butter, crispy, minis, dark mint, almond, pretzel, dark chocolate, and dark chocolate peanut. I think the little guys can hold their own.

Plus, in May they'll have another flavor: caramel. I do not think I can contain my excitement over this development.

----

Another update to a post last week: The house that still had its Christmas tree up in the picture window? Took it down over the weekend. So they either got out of the hospital / lost the bet / won the bet / lost the dare / won the dare / remembered it was up / quit the weird sect / decided it was dumb to have it up all year, or next of kin came to the house, or Little Jimmy died / got well / got off his butt and took it down, or they saw my blog post and got ashamed. Or something else.

I have to admit I was sad to see it go, though; in these times of ephemeral relations and short attention spans, I have to admire such firm persistence, even in a preposterous cause.

No comments: