Friday, February 17, 2017

1,000!

Google's Blogger software tells me that this is my 1,000th post on this site. To celebrate, I stole some artwork from someone else's site.

Woooo

Also, for today, content is absolutely free to enjoy! In fact, if you act now, you can get the rest of the content from this point on absolutely free, too!

How can you get in on this great deal? 

Just show up!

I'd appreciate it if someone would try to comment. Not only have I been unable to add Disqus (using Disqus's own code) (!!) (?) but I fear I may have also screwed up the regular Google comments. I hope I fixed it last night, but something is still hinky. If you can't get through, remember, I'm at frederick_key AT yahoo.com.

Meanwhile, I would like to point out that I've managed to put up something in this space every day since May 25, 2014, the day I finally had enough of my old Blog.com site's malfunctions. Now, when I say I've never missed a day, I also quickly add that they haven't all been posts of great distinction. If I had to go back and read them all straight through, I'd probably quickly decide that:

(1) I complain a lot more than I think I do;

(2) My life is totally ruled by dogs and food;

(3) I talk a lot about the weather, for a guy who doesn't get out much;

(4) If I put the hours into a fitness regimen that I put into this, I can guarantee, without fear of contradiction, that I would have injured myself by now.

Dumb as it may be, the purpose of this site was always professional: to get in the habit of daily writing (or at least cartooning) and to promote my books. Which may be seen to the side over there. Right there, where you want to click, see? Thank you.

It's been fun, and I hope to continue through another 1,000 posts at least. Starting tomorrow I guess this blog will have had a longer run than Anne Boleyn. And no one's threatened to cut off my head to this point, which is nice. See you tomorrow!

No comments: