Sunday, January 27, 2019

Infamous last words.

A friend of mine pointed out an interesting piece in The Atlantic about what people really say when they're about to die. It's not a "famous last words" piece, although we certainly enjoy those.

So did Callahan -- wonder what his were.

Knowing that we're all going to go sometime, and we only get one shot at our Last Words, I've decided to select what I want to use and commit it to memory. I figure if I work at it hard enough, I'll spew them out even if I'm in a lot of pain or advanced dementia. Here are some I've been toying with. Feel free to add some suggestions in comments; I'm not married to these.

💀 It was... no fun whatsoever.

💀 My only regret is not buying Apple in 2000.

💀 Do an autopsy! Mitt Romney is behind this!

💀 Quick! What's today's date? [After being told] Really? The prophecy is coming true... Saskatchewan will be the only safe place...

💀 The answer is actually forty-three.

💀 Always remember: The only card you need is the Ace of Spades.

💀 I see a golden light... shining gates approaching... and figures like angels... they're saying things ... "Welcome, Fred" ... and "This way to heaven"... and "You'll never have to deal with [name of most annoying nurse] up here."

💀 Tell Patterson he'll have to write his own goddamn books from now on.

💀 Peanut brittle.

💀 You'll all be hearing from my lawyer in the morning.

💀 And that's our show. Good night!

💀 Look there’s this dough see … there’s all this dough, 350 G’s. Do you hear what I'm sayin'? 350G’s! In the park in Rosita, Rosita Big State Park, just south of Dago, in Santa Rosita. It’s in this box buried under this (cough) buried under ... [thud]

No comments: