Monday, November 9, 2015

Sticker shock.

I was not in the market for a used car, but sometimes you see a bargain that's so good it really tempts you to reconsider your financial priorities. 

Normally I also don't pay much mind when I see a vehicle by the road with "For Sale" soaped on the window or something. In this case, I was walking around town with the dog when I came across it. And let me tell you, this little beauty is a real eye-opener. 



Quite a grille, eh? I imagined myself in this mean machine, riding through villages and down country roads, the sun in my face, the wind in the sad remnants of my hair.

It was the sticker shock that did me in, though.



I know, right? What a steal!

My wife thought it was my midlife crisis mobile, that I was trying to use this snazzy yellow number to recapture my youth. I said I'd never had a sports car, so it had to be something I captured, not recaptured. She didn't buy it.

And I must confess, it's a little small for me. I like something with a little more room, something with the horsepower to handle the rough winters we get up here.

If you're in the area, though, check it out; seems like we have great deals on wheels around here.

No comments: