Saturday, December 10, 2022

Pushpin the Barbarian.

Some ages ago my wife gave me an excellent Christmas gift: A set of bulletin-board pushpins shaped like medieval weapons, a product of novelty company Nuopinc. The only problem was, I didn't have a bulletin board.


Well, I do now! 


Makes it look like we had a bar brawl with li'l tiny Conan the Barbarian and his pals in here. 

I'm not saying that I got the bulletin board just to display my swords and axes and daggers. I had to switch desks with my wife due to dog-related issues, and her desk doesn't have as much surface area for the piling of papers. So I thought a bulletin board would help, and as the French say, WAH LAH! or Ze idea, I have!  I recalled that I had these awesome pins. 

I'm not posting them here to make you jealous, by the way. That's just a bonus. 

If you want to get a set of your own, I think you can get it from Vat 19, but I'm not sure. Both that site and the manufacturer's site look a bit bewhiskered, like the businesses died during COVID and no one told them. My wife said she got my set at Think Geek, and sure enough my autopsy of that terrifically fun site back in June 2019 mentioned these pushpins and my plan to get a corkboard just to use them. Well, it didn't work out like that; I didn't buy a corkboard until I actually needed one. But I have the best pushpins in town. 

They're particularly good for posting something regarding a task I don't want to do. Take THAT, doctor's appointment card! Stabby stab stab!

Man, my G.I. Joe would have had some fun with these weapons back in the day. Some bad guys would have wound up with axes in their skulls, you can bet on that. 

No comments: