Monday, December 12, 2022

Snow day.

It wasn't much of a snow day. I was running around like a maniac, partly hoping to accomplish things before the First Snowfall of the Winter hit, which didn't hit in winter but in the last ten days of autumn, but let's not be picky. 





The problem with snow is that it can cause trouble in several different ways. It can be thick and hard to move through; it can be light and extremely slippery. We were expecting 2-5 inches of snow, "with possible lollipops of deeper stuff."

Lollipops?

So, I learned something -- "lollipops" to weather buffs are small areas of snow a good deal deeper than the surrounding total. It's not a new term but it was new to me. If you know more about it, please educate me. It doesn't seem to refer to drifts, just weird spots of deep snow. Well, I've been in a lot of weird spots, so I can handle that.

As it turned out, the worst of the snow avoided us and worked its way to Connecticut. They have more money; they can pay the plows. I doubt we got more than two inches of snow here -- puffy stuff but still slippery. The schools are only closed for two hours this morning. Sorry, kids!


Baby Maple's first snow ever


Upshot: I had another busy day and that's all I got. I hope you got something out of today's post, even if it's just that sometimes a lollipop can be deep. 

No comments: