Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The sloth day of Christmas.

I tried to get motivated to work; I really did.


I have a job due, but not until next week -- but the sooner it's done, the sooner I'll be ready to take on something else. It's an editing job, and I already know enough to loathe the book and be offended by it in every way. However, I'm not going to be like those crybabies who refuse to work on books by authors with whom they disagree. That's anti-American and a dereliction of duty. 

However, getting motivated to work on such a thing on a day that was technically a federal holiday (since Christmas fell on Sunday) was more than I could handle. 

I also have a book of my own to work on, but I'm trying to work out the structure for a chapter. Chapter two, that is. So you see, I'm not deep into that one either. Easy to let it slide for a day.

Oh, sure, I could blame the six bandages on my fingers from burns and cuts acquired during cooking and the recent cold snap. Makes it hard to write, literally. And I could protest that I was not entirely inert all day Monday. I took Izzy out for a long walk in the morning. I got the dishes all done from Sunday. I got my wife's car tires inflated, because when the temperature drops like a stone, so does the tire pressure, and her car is not shy about complaining. I showered, and was responsible for preparation of meals (leftovers, however).

My most ambitious idea of the day was to load Izzy into the car and take him to a gathering at church. Not in the church itself; this is a group in a meeting room, a meeting I was not expected at, but I thought it would be fun to drop in and say hello at. And it was. Izzy was a perfect gentleman and enjoyed attention and love. However, he got antsy after a little while and wanted to eat someone's Lorna Doones, and I knew it was time to go. He isn't service dog material. Plus, I figured he had to pee, and I didn't want him to desecrate the churchyard.

Um, I should mention that Izzy is a dog, if you're just joining us.

Then it was back to the sofa for a nap, and now I'm writing this for Tuesday.

And now I'm worn out from all this blogging, so back to the sofa! Wake me up in time to post this in the morning. 

😴😴😴😴😴😴

1 comment:

technochitlin said...

Can't wake you up; I'll be snoozin' myself