Monday, September 30, 2019

Slim Monday.

Not too much to write for you today, my dear friends -- yesterday was exceptionally busy, more so than I had expected. Normally I can at least plan out what I'd like to post for the following day, but I never had the chance. Here's the story:

1) Got carried away working on the new novel yesterday morning. Sooooo close to finishing the first draft I could taste it. Two more chapters. But then duty (church) called. Sometimes it is a big help to get interrupted when writing, because when I'm close to the end of a large project I have a powerful urge to rush through it. That makes for sloppiness, confused thoughts, and errors, Plus, when I have to stop working, I have time to think more about what I want to write, and that usually makes it better. I've been in love with this book for months, and it deserves to get completed correctly.

2) Church was great -- the new pastor was firing on all cylinders, with a powerful homily on the parable or (not the resurrection of) Lazarus. So don't go stepping over any poor old beggars outside your door, now.

3) Had a wonderful time with some dog pals. Friends of ours from the dog park invited us over for a BBQ, and the weather was perfect for it. Not jump-in-the-pool perfect -- the water would have been in the fifty-degree range by now -- but sit-outside-until-seven perfect, which for autumn in these parts is amazing. Of course they also invited our large fuzzy friends, Tralfaz and Nipper, and our pups were on their best behavior. Which does not mean they were perfect; "best" is a relative term. The whole thing ran later than I had expected, but when you're having fun you don't want to break up the party, even if it is a work night. And the food was great; I ate a steak as big as my face, and now I feel like it's the morning after Thanksgiving. We'll be skipping breakfast today.

I hope your weekend was delightful as sunny as well. If not, then I hope Monday will be kind to you.

No comments: