Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday thoughts.

Just some pics and observations for a Friday.

----

1) I remembered seeing this headline last year:

"Marines Quietly Lower Combat Training Requirements To Help Female Officers" (HotAir, 2/20/18)

And now I've see the new Marine tent!


Just a joke, guys, let's not play rough now....


2) You know what this fella needs? He needs to put some mulch around the base of his tree. That's what this guy needs.


Nah, that's not enough mulch. It's not up to the lower branches. Better get some more.


3) I think I've finally found my spirit animal:


I will draw the inner strength of this magnificent beast as I nap meditate on its power.


4) I was visiting a pal and we were in turn visited by a late-summer evening stick bug.


When I saw the way the picture came out on my phone, I realized that this was no ordinary stick bug. This is a noir stick bug.

He was probably working a case. I didn't want to get in his way. No one likes to get slapped around by a stick bug.

My name is Phil. Phil Phasmatodea. I'm a private eye. And a stick bug.

All he needs is a tiny little fedora.
----

That's about all I have today. Hope you're coming up on a fabulous weekend, the last of the summer here in the northern hemisphere. As I type this it's 48 here in the scenic Hudson Valley, a crisp morning that smells like Christmas. Here we go....

6 comments:

Fiendish Man said...

I'm trying very hard not to make a joke about Stiiv recruiting young women to enjoy the comfort of his pink tent. With will power, I can prevent it from happening.

FredKey said...

I'll do my best not to lead you into temptation, FM, although Stiiv "Pup Tent" Johnson himself might have some thoughts on the matter.

Stiiv said...

I've been told I'm an "in tents" guy, though I rarely spend time in them. And I have no interest in "young" women; they are vacuous & glued to their phones. 30+ years old is the bare minimum for me, & I do mean "bare". ;>

FredKey said...

The Hays Office would have put a stop to Stiiv: The Motion Picture at script stage.

Stiiv said...

However, the soundtrack for Stiiv: The Motion Picture would sell millions. ;>

FredKey said...

It would be awesome.