Friday, May 17, 2019

Time, why you punish me?

Always Late O'Clock.
Every designer has quirks, and Joanna Gaines from HGTV's Fixer Upper seems to be in love with giant clocks. When they finish rebuilding and decorating a house on her show, guarantee there's a huge clockface somewhere. And they seem to be catching on. This picture is from Target, which carries her Hearth & Hand collection from Magnolia -- but none of these clocks are from that collection.

We're all big on time, it seems.

Or short on it. These last two days have been weird and frantic, and I'm not out of the woods yet. This week features:

-Close of a magazine issue
-Two book deadlines
-A new book project
-Research for another book project
-A toilet handle snapping in half and requiring replacement
-A scheduled dog grooming
-Said dog Freaking the Hell Out and me having to pick his dirty ass back up 10 minutes after dropping him off
-Me giving him a bath personally
-The furnace not working
-Several church-related commitments
-A rare dinner party coming up at our house necessitating
-a. Planning
-b. Cleaning
-c. Cooking
-The furnace guy coming over and giving us a massive estimate
-Scheduling said repair
-The furnace kicking back on 10 minutes after the furnace guy left, forcing me to cancel said repair
-The furnace dying again two days later because he misdiagnosed the problem
-Another call to reschedule furnace repair

There's not enough time for all of this, but maybe I'm mistaken in blaming time for my trouble. Maybe my house and dog are trying to kill me. If so, they're doing a great job!

2 comments:

Mongo919 said...

Yikes, I'd be at max Xanax with all that going on. I wish you well, Fred!

Regarding Fixer Upper, they always seem to also distress everything. It's like a house version of those jeans that come with pre-shredded knees. Why renovate something to make it look old?

FredKey said...

Good question, Mongo; maybe the hot sun in Waco makes everything look old anyway, so why wait...?