Saturday, May 4, 2019

Merry month.

Ah, the merry, merry month of May! The hydrangeas are looking great!



The trees are unfurling their leaves!



The--- huh?



A Christmas wreath still up in May?

Now, as we all know, I never engage in Santa shaming on this site, except when I do. I saw a house in a nearby town all lit up with Christmas lights the first week of March; did I post about it here? No. Another home had its big snowman out on the porch a couple of weeks after that; did I write about it? Nyetski. But THIS...!

A couple of years ago I was stunned enough to see a Christmas tree in February that I had to puzzle out the possible reasons for its adhesiveness. Now I do the same with this wreath, which is even more mysterious (and late into the year). Could its continued presence be due to...

1) Laziness? No way. I've seen this dad at the yard work and he's scary determined. Man's planted huge trees by himself. A couple died so he ripped them out and did a better job next time. Not lazy.

2) Difficulty of removal? But how? There's a window right there; no giant ladder needed. Maybe tricky to get up but should be easy to remove.

3) Coverage of damage? There's what, a rip in the vinyl siding? But this house is maybe four years old. I don't think so.

4) Unnatural emotional attachment? To a giant Christmas wreath? But all the rest of the decorations went down promptly in January. Who gets emotional over a wreath?

5) Lack of storage space? It's not that huge. You could put it in a big yard bag. No room in the house? Leave it in the backyard. Sure, it'd still be outside, but people would know that you don't think it's December.

6) .....? Something else I haven't thought of? I dunno; what've you got?

Maybe I'll never know.

Of course, I could go up to the front door and ask them. But I'd never do that. No, I hate to be nosy.

No comments: