Sunday, May 12, 2019

A woid for mudduh.

(Wit apologies ta Howad Johnson an' Teodoah Moarse; whadid dey evah do ta me?)

I been around da world, you bet, but never went ta school
Hard knocks is all I seem ta get; I tink I been a fool;
But still, some edjicated guys, supposed ta be so swell,
Would fail if dey was called upon dis simple woid ta spell.
Now if youse like ta put me to da test,
Dere's one dea name dat I can spell da best!

"M" is da the million tings she gave me
"U" is cause U know dat she's da tops
"D" is she's a dahlin an delightful
"D" is Dykah Heights, whea she met Pops
"A" is for her Sunday abbondanza
"H" means hugs; she gives you such a squeeze
Put dem all together, dey spell MUDDAH,
A woid dat means da woild in Brooklynese.




Happy Muddah's Day ta all youse muddahs out dere!

No comments: