Saturday, July 30, 2016

Put the lime in the do-doughnut...

This summer, our dealer has a new and powerful drug to lead us to perdition. I am of course referring to Dunkin' Donuts and their seasonal doughnut selections:

Now, you may have noticed that I haven't been updating you as much lately with all the garbage I eat, largely because of late I have been trying to cut down on the crap and load up on the (ugh) healthy foods. And I've lost a little weight. And so no WAY was I going to try one of those silly Lemon Croissant Donuts. No, SIR! Not ME! That's ridiculous! Nuh-UH!

I got the Key Lime Square instead.
As fond as I am of Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and of sweet things, I have had issues with some of their specialty items in the past. The cheesecake squares were weird. The Chips Ahoy! Creme doughnut was too sweet even for me, and the spooky pumpkin doughnut was even worse. But the Blueberry Cobbler Croissant Donut was good, not like chewing a mouthful of sugar. Could they have been catching on to the too-sweet problem?

I think so! Much to my surprise, the filling in the Key Lime Square, while having a good lime flavor, was not limeade-sweet. They seem to be relying on the icing on top to provide the sugar kick on its own. On the whole, it was a pleasant, albeit still indulgent, treat.

Good work, Dunkin!

Of course, now I have to decide if I dare sneak in that Lemon Croissant Donut after all....

No comments: