Monday, September 19, 2016

Running dogs.

What's more fun than a dog with diarrhea?

Two dogs with diarrhea!

How do you have a real busy Sunday?

Keep on the run with doggies!

Actually, the big dog, Tralfaz, has only had minor upset and one or two extra poops. The little guy, Nipper, really got it bad.


All Sunday afternoon we had repeated trips outside for diarrhea, starting with one jaunt that didn't quite make it out the door. It petered out after a while, but following dinner it all started up again. My wife gave him some rice to try to get it under control, and after a few more emergency trips, it seemed to have subsided. Still, rather than get him upstairs to the crate where he sleeps at night, I suggested it would be easier if he stayed in his pen downstairs. I could sleep on the couch and haul his butt out fast as need be.

We sacked out, everyone wiped out, at ten.

At 11:32 p.m., Nipper was hammering on the pen wall. Out in time for poop.

At 12:58 a.m., repeat performance.

At 2:32 a.m., the championship round: Rice being heaved up inside the pen. However small your puppy is, I have found, when he heaves he makes noises like Fred Mertz coming off a bender. Quickly got up, sent him into the hall, grabbed for the paper towels and Clorox wipes. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to me, Nipper was showering the hall with diarrhea.

Sorry, were you eating breakfast?

It has been a long night.

As I write this is it a quarter after five, and I have not been back to sleep since the 2:32 crescendo. All's been quiet for a couple of hours, though; I think I'll give it a shot. My wife has graciously arisen early to take over, and it'll be on to the vet later.

Have a nice Monday! Mine's off to a bang!

No comments: