Tuesday, March 24, 2020

And here it is!

Thank you for putting up with the shameless self-promotion this week, but I'm proud of this book and happy to get it into reader's hands. And here it is!


The Kindle edition, for the very reasonable price of $2.99, is available here. If you'd rather have a tangible edition, that is available for the unbeatable price of $16, here.

I wanted the price to be on the lower end because I am hoping that younger readers will be interested in the book. And let me assure any teenagers who might happen on this site, that I promise upon my honor that this is not a coming-of-age novel. It does, however, contain a large and goofy dog.

I hate to be a schnorrer, but: If you should read the book and enjoy it, please do leave a good review. Life on Amazon is all about the reviews; if Tolstoy was writing today and got no Amazon reviews, he would have been just some crazy fuzz-face scribbling to himself in the darkness.

I actually thought about profiling my own book in the usual Wednesday book feature, but I thought that was cheesy on the scale of government-giveaway-cheese cheesy. So we'll have our own seemingly random other book profile tomorrow. (The criteria for being profiled in Fred's Book Club are: Is Fred familiar with it? And ... that's about it.)

So let's meet here again tomorrow to see what the Humpback Writers have for us. I really do love books, you know; sometimes even my own.

5 comments:

Mongo919 said...

Now on my Kindle app. Review to follow. Congratulations, Fred. Wish I had the wherewithal to contrive a plot and develop characters. That's a real talent!

FredKey said...

Thank you, Mongo -- hope you enjoy it!

raf said...

Okay, so I thought I'd read the Kindle sample to see how what you write reads. After all, I 'bought' all your free stuff last week and haven't looked at any of it yet. (What, didn't you hear me say 'free'?) Anyway, as I was reading, I suddenly realized that I forgot I was just reading to get a feel for prose style; I was just reading. That means I wouldn't be happy at sample-end, no matter when it occurred. Unless, I suppose, it occurred at the end of the book, which I considered unlikely.

So I bought it. Only the Kindle version, though -- I mean, there are limits to my sales nonresistance. And now, I suppose, I need to start composing a favorable review. Sigh.

raf said...

Great book, Fred. Like I tried to say above, you have a good writing voice; it doesn't get in the way and makes it easy to keep reading, almost as if experiencing the events yourself. I finished it this morning and submitted my review. I will say it was disconcerting to keep seeing my name popping up. Nobody spells it like that without knowing someone who spells it like that, and even then, only sporadically.

FredKey said...

Thanks very much, Raf! You may be a Raf, but your good taste shows you are no Rif.