Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Post-Christmas.

I feel like I ate the 12 dishes of Polish Christmas, the Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, a Thankgiving dinner, and maybe a Seder in there somewhere as well.

It was a great feast, as befits the greatest birthday in the world. But man, my New Year's resolution is set. Fortunately that means I have a few days to eat all the leftovers. Although today, I will eat nothing but dietary fiber and water. (Note: This decision may be rescinded by lunchtime.)

Aside from all that, I don't have much to share with you today. Santa was good to me, better than I deserve, and I hope he was to you, too. For the first time in maybe a decade we did not all gather 'round the tube to watch A Christmas Story; just never had the time. Add that to list with The Year Without a Santa Claus and Prancer and the George C. Scott Christmas Carol as Christmas faves we just never got to this year. No, the holiday is not over, and we keep the decorations up until Epiphany, but once it's December 26 the likelihood of seeing these videos drops precipitously. I guess there's always Rudolph's Shiny New Year.

Besides, I gotta get back to work. I have a project due Monday that could take anywhere between two and twenty hours; haven't cracked it open so I don't know yet. My wife's on a well-earned vacation, or at least staycation.

Best wishes for you on Boxing Day, and if you didn't get what you wanted yesterday, I hope you will today. See ya tomorrow!

No comments: