Monday, September 25, 2017

Triple Duh.

[Ext. Guy Fieri in red car, driving]

Guy: I'm Guy Fieri and we're rollin' out to find the best, most amazing crummy eateries in America here on Delis, Doughnut Shops, and Dumps!

[opening animation]

Guy: [outside location] Here in Globular, New Mexico, there's not too much shakin' -- except for the barbecue scene! We're here at Grouchy's Barbecue where Old Man Petersen's been kickin' the BBQ old school since 1952!

[interior shot, people chewing]

Blond customer: I can't say enough about the food. It's nearly edible.

Fat customer: [face smeared with sauce] It's safe to say every single person in town has eaten at Grouchy's. Of course, there's only ten people in city limits.

Old fogey customer: I've choked it down many times.

Old fogette customer: Beats starvin'.

Guy: [voice over] The raves about Grouchy's eats just keep comin'! We visited him to see if he'd share the secret of his famous barbecued brisket and gefilte fish sandwich.

[shot of sandwich on bun, pickle on side]

Grouchy: [kitchen interior] No.

Guy: Oh, come on.

Grouchy: Go away.

Guy: Is it true your first name is actually Old Man?

Grouchy: Yeah. My father was Older Man Petersen. My son is Less Old Man Petersen.

Guy: Well, that's.... uh....

Grouchy: Yeah.

Guy: Hm.

Grouchy: Just call me Grouchy.

Guy: Please tell us how you make that bodacious brisket. I'm beggin' ya. There's nothing else to do in this town.

Grouchy: Oh, all right. I start with a brisket of beef like the one I just happen to have here. Then I use my special blend of seasonings. Paprika, oregano, white pepper, red pepper, black pepper, lavender, elk horn, rose hips, Spanish fly, motor oil, and my secret ingredient.

Guy: And that is?

Grouchy: Salt. Then I let it marinate in our special sauce.

Guy: Looks like ketchup.

Grouchy: WHO TOLD YOU?

Guy: Uh, and how long do you let it marinate?

Grouchy: Forty-seven years.

Guy: Well, I guess -- huh?

Grouchy: Here's one -- well, label says 1973, but I guess that's close enough. I'll put it on the rack.

Guy: Whoa.

Grouchy: Then we put it in the smoker for a while.

Guy: For like what, eighty months?

Grouchy: Twenty minutes. You tryin' to kill it?

Guy: What kinda wood do you use in the smoker? Oak, cherry...

Grouchy: Used paneling. Then we cut it up, slop it on a bun with some gefilte fish, chuck on a pickle. Done.

Guy: And do you make your own...

Grouchy: Gefilte fish? Who does that? You ever try to catch a gefilte? Nah, comes out of a jar.

Guy: And the pickle?

Grouchy: Same jar.

Guy: Uh...

Grouchy: Eat it.


Guy: Errhhhrrrr...

Grouchy: Well?

Guy: Pretty bad.

Grouchy: Get out.

[exterior of Guy in car]

Guy: That's all for this week! Maybe forever! I'm off to the infirmary! See you next time on Delis, Doughnut Shops, and Dumps! Maybe!

No comments: