Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dewey Dewey want my love?

Fred as Dewey Decimal Code, courtesy of Spacefem.com:


Frederick Key's Dewey Decimal Section:

229 Apocrypha & pseudepigrapha

Frederick Key = 685458931155 = 685+458+931+155 = 2229


Class:
200 Religion


Contains:
The Bible and other religious texts, books about the general philosophy and theory of religion.



What it says about you:
You don't mind thinking about the unknown or other very big ideas. You will never feel like your work is finished. The 200-series is dominated by Christian topics, so you may feel like you're constantly surrounded by Christians.
Find your Dewey Decimal Section at Spacefem.com

Very interesting, given my longstanding interest in pseudepigrapha and all things pseudepigraphic.

It's one thing to write a book and have Mr. Dewey and His Crewey reduce it to a number; it's another to have your own data plugged in that way. I think they generate the entry based on the letters of your name; you're not asked to give any data about past studies or other interests. And yet they plugged my personality and interests better than any online astrological profile or BuzzFeed quiz I ever took.


I do think about the unknown a lot, and other very big ideas*, my work is never finished, and as soon as I looked up pseudepigrapha** I realized it did mean something of interest to me. I am not, however, a follower of any gnostic gnospels or the like. I've looked into it, and the books of Gnosticism appear to have no basis in early texts of the church. I do not wish to offend, but if you are a devout follower of the Gospel According to Louie (Apostle #42), I'm going to have to call you out on it.

And yes, I often feel like I am surrounded by Christians. Especially at church.

* People often ask me, "Hey, dummy, what's the big idea?"

** Basically means "pen names" but is essentially the same as apocrypha in this use---non-canonical writing. Like the Batman TV show is to the Batman comic book, for instance.

No comments: