Monday, April 18, 2022

Easter eats.

Hello, food fans! Yesterday turned out to be an exceptionally busy day all around, so I'm afraid I have nothing prepared in advance for you. I feel a little like Woodstock this morning...


... a little dazed, headachey, and like Easter hit me all at once and by surprise. 

However, I thought I'd share my crowd-pleasing recipe with you, that is if your crowd likes lamb. I did ultimately find lamb shanks this year, thanks to the help of the local ShopRite butcher, and it was worth the trouble. 

This recipe was adapted from a cookbook, and I would credit the author if I had a clue which book it was. I only have my scribbled note, though, and didn't think to write down even the title of the book, which I do not own.


Slow-Cooker Lamb Shanks

1 chopped onion

2 chopped carrots

2 chopped celery ribs

3 crushed cloves garlic

4 lamb shanks

2 tsp. salt

½ tsp. pepper

1 tsp. dried oregano

1 tsp. dried thyme

2 bay leaves

1/4 cup dry white wine

8-oz. can tomato sauce


Place onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in slow cooker. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours. Serve over rice.

😋😋😋

I'm telling you, this makes an excellent, elegant dish for any occasion. If you give it a try, let me know how you like it. And if you're the author of this recipe, drop me a line so we can give you credit. 

3 comments:

peacelovewoodstock said...

Mmmm, shanks for the recipe!

Definitely will try it out. Our insta-pot is in regular rotation.

On Saturday morning at supermarket in Charles Town WV, no lamb of any form still available, except for two magnificent, huge whole legs at the butcher counter, probably ~ $90 each based on price-per-pound and my skilled eye at estimating weights. I was tempted but Mrs. PLW reminded me that it would be only the two of us for Easter dinner. So for about $12 we got a nine-pound pre-cooked spiral-sliced ham and it was outstanding, keep your honey-baked.

FredKey said...

Ham is dandy any time!

Mag said...

Yum. I've never tried cooking lamb, but this makes me want to try.