Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Shaggy dogs story.

Do I own the hairiest dogs in town?

Yes.

Here's one of those lint-removing roller brushes, shown before and after running it over my sweatshirt. 


Before
After

We're on our third major vacuum now since we started with the hairy beasts, and that doesn't count the Dyson for hard floors and the ol' Oreck. The Oreck, which predated the Hoover acquisition, was a fine machine for normal carpet use, but couldn't keep up with two hairy dogs. It sits upstairs, where the dogs seldom go. 

The thing that I would like to see is a laundry additive that helps get pet hair off clothing. You'd think that would be a layup for the boffins who make this stuff, but apparently not. Bounce makes a dryer sheet that supposedly helps get the pet hair out, but that's no-fly territory around here. Not because it's manufactured by the evil Procter & Gamble, but that my wife is concerned about dryer sheets being a fire hazard. I do clean out the vent, but is it this fire thing a myth or not? Who knows? Anyway, The Boss Has Spoken.

One thing we have tried is this:




The FurZapper goes into the washing machine and the dryer and magically removes pet hair from clothing. How? The rubbery things do the dance with your clothing and rub the hair off it. In the washer the hair goes down the drain; in the dryer, into your lint filter. So, we tried them. 

The problem is, it's hard to say that they work. There's still hair on the clothes. But would there be more if we didn't use them? I can't really tell the difference between loads done with or without the FurZapper. There's always more puppy glitter than I would want to see.

Everything in life is a trade-off, I know, and you can't have big ol' cute fuzzy dogs without a lot of dog hair around. We do our best to keep on top of it, but it's a Sisyphean task. I keep threatening to weave a toupee out of it, but so far my wife has managed to stop me. I just think it's unfair that I have more hair on my shirt than on my head. 

3 comments:

Stiiv said...

Have you tried that glove thing that supposedly removes excess animal hair as you pet them?

FredKey said...

No, my wife thought brushing them out would do a better job -- and she seldom brushes them out. When I said I do I didn't think that meant I'd do everything!

Stiiv said...

A lady I work with swears by the glove...then comes to work covered in dog hair...so I don't know what to tell ya. ;>