Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Abeetz.

What with all the Olympics bits and puppy updates, you've probably all been wondering---"Fred, I wonder," I hear you say---what I've been eating that I probably should not be eating. Well, I'm glad you asked. 

Napoli's Pizza Crust Chips leaped out at me from a display at the local market. It leaped into my cart. It followed me home, Ma! Can I eat it?



This snack could have been made for me, and I'm not usually a chip guy. I'm more of a pretzel guy. But I'm also the guy who eats crust all the pizza crust. You leave the crust on your plate, I'm coming for you. You don't have to stuff the crust with cheese and bacon. I just love it on its own.

And the Napoli people have gotten this right. The Italian herb combo is just what you find on a typical pie. The chips really do taste like pizza dough. They're sturdy enough to make great little appetizers, like a cracker, although if the bag has been abused many chips will be broken. Who cares? They'd be great with any tomato-based dip. They taste a lot more like actual pizza than a lot of frozen pizzas I've had.

The Chicago-based parent company, Hello Delicious, also makes snacks like Popcorn Thins, Multi-Grain Chips (with edamame and lentil), and the irresistibly named Figgin' Fruit. They also make two other varieties of Pizza Crust Chips: Three Cheese with Romano, Cheddar, and Parmesan and Margarita with Tomato and Basil.

I don't get any payment for these endorsements (I wish!), and I even have to buy the food myself. You can trust Fred on these things. If I say these are good pizza chips, you can take that to the brick oven.

No comments: