Monday, June 27, 2016

A toast!

It was quite surprising, or at least it was to me, to hear that General Mills had not released a new cereal in 15 years. Didn't it always seem like Kellogg's and Post and General Mills were always throwing new cartoon characters hocking new cereals at us? But for General Mills, it's been status quo since 2001. 




Tiny Toast, available in blueberry and strawberry flavors, is that new cereal. It's crunchy little toast-shaped oat/corn/rice cereal with no artificial colors or flavors (if you care), no high-fructose corn syrup (boo! hiss!). I'm sure you have some questions about this epic new product.

Q: Does it really look like toast?

A: Unlike General Mills' Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which does not look like toast, Tiny Toast looks like little toast. Maybe more like croutons, come to think of it, but what are croutons but tiny toasts?


Q: How's it taste?

A: Like a crunchy summer breeze in a blueberry field. One that doesn't have too much sugar. There is actually something buttery to the cereal (contains no actual butter).  I recommend it.

Q: Does it have a cartoon mascot?

A: Unfortunately, no.

Q: Aren't you a little old to be eating sugary cereal? Shouldn't you be on to, like, Uncle Sam laxative cereal by now?

A: Yeah, probably. But I won't I won't I won't! You can't make me!

Okay, that's enough questions. I raise a toast to you, General Mills -- a tiny one, but a toast nonetheless. Good job, cereal tycoons! You still got it. Don't want until 2031 for the next new cereal.

No comments: