Saturday, October 8, 2022

My pronouns.

I was filling out some paperwork for a client, and right at the bottom I was asked to submit my pronouns, if I desired to do so. Naturally it took everything I had not to write Itt/Itt's.


I just left it blank. Let 'em guess.

People are very serious about this pronoun nonsense, but it's nothing to be serious about. It's as if we all got hyperfocused on ink colors, and refused to have anything to do with people who used blue ink, and would actually assault and try to ruin the lives of someone who used red. And God help us if we discovered a box of crayons. 

I think the only way to survive this silliness is to not play along. One of the advantages of being an adult is that you can sit at the kids' table for fun, but you can go to the grown-ups' table to dine. What we have now is a culture where everyone is pretending to be a bratty kid who won't stop playing when food is served. We are a culture that in effect is providing alcoholics with free booze so they don't get testy and ruin the party. We are supposed to play along in the new normal while the bratty kids keep Calvinballing the rules as fast as they can. 

In the end, it's Tic Tac Toe, or Global Thermonuclear War. The only way to win is not to play.

1 comment:

🐻 bgbear said...

that

that old dude over there