Friday, May 20, 2022

Busy bee.

This week has been the craziest week of work since I went freelance. Which is good, because I need the dough. Don't you want to make more money? Sure, we all do!

So I've been a busy little bee this week, barely able to compose this blog. Why, this week alone, I:
  • Proofread War and Peace -- not the Tolstoy one; this was written by Herb J. Zietlinker and is much longer.
  • Fact-checked Funk & Wagnall's New World Encyclopedia -- "Gk through Gz" was particularly troublesome.
  • Felt a little muscular so cut down a couple of sequoias and built a community outhouse in the park.
  • Copyedited the new Molly Yeh cookbook, 1,750 Recipes that Prove I Am Not Just a Web Influencer But Really Can Cook (Honest!).
I think I may actually be busier than many bees. Here are some for comparison purposes. 


Notice that these honeybees just sit there motionless on your screen. Also, they're so lazy that they're in black-and-white. I'm starting to think bees' industry is overrated. 

Anyway, all of the things I was doing interfered with the things I wanted to be doing, such as writing novels, commenting on the Great Lileks's site, promoting Fredcoin (the only cryptocurrency with Yippee! Yappee! and Yahooey!), or taking a shower. You know, it's those little things that make life more enjoyable. Next week should be less onerous.

6 comments:

peacelovewoodstock said...

You are like Odysseus, strapped to the mast, sailing past the sirens of distraction!

🐻 bgbear said...

When I am missing from Lileks no one notices. I like to think it is because no one thinks I have one foot in the grave and the other on the banana peel.

Get away day, one week vacation coming up. Actually I am already in Idaho. Have to cut much grass and weeds but it is better than the desk.

FredKey said...

AKTSCHULLY, Bear, people do notice. They worry about you. They worry about the ferrets.

bgbear said...

Now I am worried ;-)

Stiiv said...

What Fred said.

🐻 bgbear said...

ahh shucks