Monday, December 6, 2021

Christmastime is here!

 I'm back! And slightly lamer than ever!

ho ho ho

What a year this has been. So full of... Crap, mostly. But worry not! Your old friend Fred is here to try to pick up the thread on Your Daily Dose of Vitamin Fred. Why? Because you're showing signs of grippe, my friends, as well as catarrh and pox and housemaid's knee. All these are well known to be caused by a deficiency of vitamin F.

But mainly, because I missed you! 

In a nutshell, for those who have not followed the whine trail through the comments on the site of the Great Lileks, or just been personally close enough to hear me, we got a new puppy named Izzy in the summer and he is part cupid and part angel of doom. Mostly all dog, but there are issues beyond mere dogginess. Elder dog Tralfaz has not been well, but that's another story. There was a financial crisis, and much gnashing of teeth (gnash gnash). Which reminds me--I haven't been to the dentist in ages. So it's been a tough year. I'm sure I'll be addressing a lot of this stuff in bite-size pieces going forward.

I'm still crushed for time, as in under the famous Letterman 80-ton hydraulic press, so I don't think I'll be able to revive the Wednesday book feature anytime soon. If I do, I'll finally stop calling it the Humpback Writers. 'Twas a silly name.  

Anyway, that's all for today, and thanks for visiting. Going forward we can expect to see the usual snide remarks, dopey anecdotes, goofy commentary, and poorly rendered cartoons. Hope to see you around!

7 comments:

Stiiv said...

WOOHOO!

So glad to see you back at it, Fred!

Janet A. Roesler said...

Welcome back. There have been too many Fred-less days.

Lewes said...

Glad to hear from you, Fred! Hope the dog issues can be worked out soon.

bgbear said...

Better Fred than dead!

raf said...

yay

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...

Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome, C'mon in.