Sunday, December 12, 2021

Bingle balls and whofoo fluff.

Trim up the tree with christmas stuff

Like bingle balls and whofoo fluff

Trim up the tree with googoo gums and bizzle-binks and wumms...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All the Whos down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot. Why? Because they could just throw crap on a tree and it would stick. 

Who's Who among Whos of Whoville

Don't get me wrong; I love to decorate for Christmas. It's fun, satisfying, and gets great acclaim and gratitude. But what it doesn't get is help. For a variety of reasons, none emanating from me, I decorate alone these days. And it's very time-consuming. Everybody wants to see it; nobody wants to help. Unfortunately time is in short supply, especially as I am having to YES every job that comes my way to keep the wolf from the door. (I told the wolf I now live at Nancy Pelosi's place, but he doesn't believe me.)

One thing that's changed the dynamic is new puppy, Izzy. Izzmeister deals poorly with separation anxiety and makes high-pitched whines when left alone, which drives my work-from-home wife nuts. And I can't have him with me while I decorate, or he'd eat ornaments. Best-case scenario there, he poops tinsel but is otherwise unharmed. I've cut back on the overall decorating plan, since he can't be trusted near decorations. But I've also had to cut back on the opportunities to get the bizzle-binks and wumms up because he needs babysitting. So, the time is still crunched. 

I wish I could just 

Trim up the tree with fuzzel fuzz

And whiffer bloofs, and wuzzel wuzz

Trim up your uncle and your aunt

With yards of whofut flant

Which, in the Chuck Jones Grinch cartoon, is just hurled at trees and walls and ceilings and sticks beautifully. Not the case here.

🎄🎄🎄

Tangent: Is the Grinch microscopic?

Think about it. In Horton Hears a Who!, the presumably normal-size Horton the Elephant discovers that there is an entire civilization of Whos living in a dandelion or something. (I hated that story. Terrifying.) That civilization contains a town called Whoville. Does that mean that Mount Crumpit is also in the speck? Is the Grinch himself is so tiny as to be invisible to the naked eye? Perhaps microscopic to the level of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's TEAM 0.5 electron microscope? Makes you think, doesn't it?

I don't know about what, but doesn't it?

1 comment:

Stiiv said...

Too deep! You've gone too deep, Fred! Get out while you can! GET OUT WHI