Monday, April 12, 2021

The pokey.

So I got it yesterday. The jab, the poke, the stick, the needle, the vax, the Bill Gates chip, the stab, the Warp Speed, the shot in the dark, the shot in the arm. I got #1 on the Pfizer hit parade. I go back for #2 on May 2. Good job, Pfizer!

Or should I say, good jab!


It was actually a bit inconvenient to go on Sunday, but when Governor Corleone started to allow people who are not elderly whom he didn't kill, people who didn't have preexisting relevant medical conditions (a bad back doesn't count), people who aren't healthcare workers, and people who aren't in prison or group houses or schools (six of one...) to get the shot, I signed right up and grabbed the first available date, which was April 11. They were going fast. 

The pokers were giving out the jab at the community college twenty miles from home. The US Army was directing traffic, herding thousands of people through in orderly fashion from one checkpoint to another. It was incredibly efficient, completely contrary to the image of military screwups that pop culture has portrayed over the decades. The military and healthcare personnel were unfailingly polite. The shot didn't even hurt. Afterward I felt a little tired, a little cold-like symptoms, but that was as likely from the cold and rainy walk from the far lot to the college and the miserable drive as from the shot itself. The injection point hurts today like young Foreman gave me a friendly punch on the arm. 




Of course, the clever public health people are still sharing horrible headlines about how COVID-19 variants or anti-vaxxers will keep us in deadly danger forever anyway. I do worry about those who fear the vaccine, but I don't blame them. After all, in 2020 prominent Democrats said they wouldn't trust the vaccines because they didn't want the president to get any credit, but now they expect everyone to get in line. It's a pity no one ever pays a price for such public malfeasance, but here we are. (Google has memory-holed this news story, but it's an easy find through DuckDuckGo.) I do encourage everyone to get vaccinated if they can, just to stop the madness. 

God knows when things will get back to normal, but I and the rest of the public are more sick of these living conditions than we are of the Chinese Death Virus. We're also pretty goddamn sick of public health weasels (sorry, that's an insult to weasels) and politicians (who are an insult to humanity) making this much more difficult than it needs to be. I am getting vaccinated not because I fear the virus, but just to take myself out of the pool of possible spreaders, and help inch us a little closer to the day that the Communist Chinese's gift to the world is behind us. Put the Wu Flu in the rearview.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Here in the Old Dominion I've signed up (asthma) but no word back from Gov. Blackface McKlanrobes.

rbj

Mongo919 said...

Hey RBJ, I'm in VA too, and got mine thru CVS pharmacy. No help from the state whatsoever. I signed up with our useless VDOH (they should call it V-DOH! a la Homer Simpson), and heard nothing from them until AFTER my first jab when they told me it still wasn't available in the Roanoke area. Have since had both injections, no problems.

Thank goodness VA has a one term governor, but now that Communists run the state, I cringe to think what dolt will replace him.