Monday, October 7, 2019

Q without U.

"Without U"

By Frederick Key




Q and U were sundered in two!
No more stuck like glue, were Q and his U.
“I’ve had it! I’m through!”
Barked the furious Q.
“Get thee to hell or whatever you do!"
"Stick your head in a loo!”
Thus angry, quoth U.
“She could never be true,”
To his friends said the Q,
“And that's a taboo!
Which is why I said ‘shoo.’
All the peeps in her crew
Even old W
Would all fool around with that two-timing U!”
“Q hasn’t a clue,”
Complained the sore U.
“A stuffed shirt, it’s true,
And imperious, too!
Oh, so many the times did I wait on that Q!”
And lonely old Q
Soon had nothing to do.
To Iraq he flew
Where alone could a Q
Make words not a few
Not just signs like “Qwik Throo”
and “Ralph’s BBQ.”
But alas, he was blue,
Bid the Mideast adieu.
“I’m lost without U!”
Cried the miserable Q.
But U was sad too
Felt she’d made a miscue.
Missed the brilliance of Q
And his stylish hairdo.
They met for fondue
And took in a revue
And the next thing you knew
Q was once more with U.

After all this ado
There’s a lesson or two.
To thine own self be true,
And your sweet baboo, too.

5 comments:

raf said...

Makes one (at least one, I should think) wonder what potentially life-shattering event inspired this.

Mongo919 said...

That's qwerty good, Fred!

FredKey said...

Raf: A triple-word score.

Dan said...

When I first saw the placename Aqaba when I was in 7th or 8th grade, my U follows Q Catholic School inculcation caused me to about pop a main seal.

Stiiv said...

Quite wonderful!