Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Stuff and nonsense.

Just a roundup today of various things I have encountered of late, starting with the most bizarre mall kiosk I have ever seen:


"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Can we get some Fairy Dust Slime? PLEEEEEEASE?!"

What do they sell at this kiosk? I have no idea, as it was closed. All the slime was packed away. It was right by the food court so it couldn't be too disgusting. I know slime made with white glue is a big thing these days, but who buys it? The fun appears to be in the making of it.

Will let you know if I see this booth in action in the future.


I think our beloved Dunkin' Donuts (I refuse to drop the Donuts) has once again gone in the wrong direction with this product. The so-called Signature Series is a medium blend, just like their regular KCups... and it tastes exactly the same. Or, actually, a little weaker. My wife, the major #1 supremo Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan, thought it was a nothingburger -- maybe a nothingmugger. And was more expensive than the regular stuff, at least the day I bought it. Bad show, DD!



Another frigging bug. No idea what this one is, but I've seen his brothers too. Every time I think I've seen every lousy bug there is around here, Nature coughs up something new. Bleah.


This box may not look like much, but I was perplexed by it for a short period when I found it in the street. Soft feel! Hit straight! Well, I've seen all kinds of things people have thrown out of their car windows, and those descriptors sounded to me like... what this was not, which is a box of Srixon brand golf balls. As a non-golfer, that's not where my mind went. It went straight to the gutter into which I found the box. I hope that it just blew off of someone's recycling pile -- I still have this silly image of golfers as higher-class types, people who would think littering is beneath them, that emptying the balls into one's golf bag and throwing the box out the window would be too gauche. Of course, that's not always the case.



Okay, I did not actually see this sign in person; this picture came off the Internet. I just enjoyed it.

That's what I've seen lately; how's your day?

3 comments:

Mongo919 said...

Fairy Dust Slime appears to be a glitter purveyor - https://fairydustslime.com

My day so fare has been great! Outside all morning, meeting a friend for lunch, and will be making gazpacho later today.

FYI, emailed to Yahoo. No Biggie.

bgbear said...

I have a new type of brown beetle that is drowning themselves in our "pool"* lately. Never seen it before but must think it is water bug and it for a short surprise.

*actually a large round stock trough very nice for cooling off in on a summer weekend

Fiendish Man said...

Fairy Dust Slime would work as a flavor nowadays. There are actual commercial edibles labeled "Unicorn" and "Mermaid" flavor.