Sunday, July 14, 2019

Porched.

Blarg.

I'm afraid I have little for you today, as yesterday was finally Paint the Porch Day. I literally cannot tell you how many times I've done this since we moved in here and my wife decided the porch needed to be stained white. At a guess I'd say five, plus one porch repair job that included professional painters. That's a lot, but the elements beat the crap out of the porch. How they got on my porch, I'll never know.

I was at it all afternoon, and then we went to the Vigil Mass Saturday evening so I could have all day Sunday to finish the job. Fun!

Anyway, there's more to the story (isn't there always?), which I will share with you Monday, if finishing the job doesn’t finish me today. Darn you, nice days! Where's the rain when I want to get out of chores?

6 comments:

raf said...

weather is just part of the conspiracy to maximize inconveniences, but I would have sworn that it was directed at me.

FredKey said...

I'm becoming the old man that yells at cloud.

Mongo919 said...

I replaced the wood on the porch with Trex about five years ago. It hurt to write that check, but it looks as good as the day it was finished. Only maintenance needed is an occasional pressure wash. Before that it was a biennial stain-fest. Ugh.

FredKey said...

How is the Trex in rough weather, Mongo?

Mongo919 said...

We don't get the winters you do, but it is a northern exposure and has held up very well. No cracks or splits or popped fasteners. I think the key is to have a well-made sub-structure.

FredKey said...

Will look into that stuff next time!