Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday sloth.

Please excuse the lack of a decent post today. We had a late night with our dinner guests -- well, late for me and the dogs, who normally pack it in at 10 p.m. -- and I had no chance to prepare.

I admire people who always have company about the house, people who keep the place looking just good enough that no one ever thinks it's a dump. They always have the fixings on hand to whip up a lasagna or shrimp curry or Mulligan stew to feed fifty at a moment's notice.

I am not like that. I throw a dinner party for a handful of people I think I deserve a medal. You'd think I'd been hosting an Indian wedding for two weeks.

What I'm saying is: Don't come over.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that our normal state here is chaotic enough, but we like to pull it together for guests. The houses that were always fun to go to were in complete chaos all the time and liked it, so the more the merrier, right up to the cabin scene from A Night at the Opera.


But that's not how it goes around here. Families with eleven kids or something have to adjust to that to survive, with youngsters running in and out all the time. Sometimes I wonder how those parents keep their sanity. Sometimes I wonder how they keep their sanity when the kids grow up and suddenly there is no chaos anymore. You can get used to chaos.

That's all beside the point, which is: I had no time to write anything yesterday, and today I have no time or energy to write a post.

Hey, wait a second -- I DID write a post! It may not have been any good, but here it is all the same. Bully for me!

No comments: