Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thinking inside the box.

I've written before about my astonishing ability to catastrophize anything. Take a minor concern and within two days I'm writing off the planet. If I were a dinosaur I wouldn't have waited for a meteorite; I'd have just extincted myself.

This week started really slow workwise, and so clearly I'll be losing the house and looking for a new place to live.

Actually, in San Francisco this
would rent for $2,500 a month
($3,000 under a bridge)
It's quite difficult to find a box big enough to include two big dogs as well as the relevant humans, however.

I'm not sure what's going on. Do all my clients have spring fever? I would if it weren't so freaking cold in New York right now despite the sunshine. Spring is being very coy with us.

I am not complaining -- who am I kidding? Of course I'm complaining. At least we don't have floods like other areas of the country, God bless 'em. Looks like in some places spring has spring like a trap.

Well, I suppose I could have spring fever because it's Opening Day for the Beloved Mets, and as we all know, on Opening Day everyone wins the World Series. Talk to me next week and see how I feel. (Likely: "Damn Mets! Stupid stupid Mets! GAH!") So today I'll drown my worries in baseball and hope for more prosperous days ahead.

Hmm... Are Mets fans better at catastrophizing than other people? I don't know, but we certainly have reason to be.

I feel sorry for those underemployed San Francisco Giants fans, though -- if the Giants have another bad year, these fans won't even be able to afford the cardboard box to sulk in.

No comments: