Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Toofie.

Not much to say today. Yesterday I had a very tough bout of dentistry. Even the dentist and his hygienist looked exhausted by the time I left. Here's a selfie of my tooth -- one of the teeth being treated -- with a temporary filling.

toofie
My gums are not naturally green. What you see around the tooth is a rubber dam. My dentist is a big believer in these. I mean for sanitary dentistry, not for the "sexual activities" use that Wikipedia describes. (Although I confess I don't know what he does in his spare time.) I hate hate hate hate the damn dam. It's like being half-suffocated, which is not half-okay. It doesn't stop the gums from hurting; in fact, to get the dam secure a metal ring has to go around the tooth, invariably hurting the gum. And my gums were already sore, as I also got a cleaning. By the time I left my gums felt like ground beef.

Then I got caught in horrible storms -- a severe thunderstorm alert was on for the tri-state area, and I live quite a ways from my dentist. I was tooling along with all the other crazy drivers and all was fine when bam! Ran right into the storm. The sky was blue one second, black the next, like we passed through a portal into another dimension. Huge flooding took out lanes in busy rush hour traffic. Most of the time we crawled along bumper-to-bumper. There were plenty of lightning strikes, but I did not see any of the downed power lines I'd heard about or the tornadoes that touched down here and there. My trash can had gone for a walk by the time I got home, though, and that sucker is heavy. 

So that's all I have at the moment. Brush and floss people, and use fluoride toothpaste. Yes, fluoride! I don't care what the modern-day Jack D. Rippers say; we need all the help we can get against tooth decay or we'll get stuck in thunderstorms with bleeding gums. Do you want that?

No comments: