Thursday, March 30, 2017

Clips from Justice League!

All the dorks down in Dorkville, the tall and the small, have been atwitter since the weekend when the really, true, honest trailer for the Justice League movie dropped. 

If you're one of the three people on Earth who have not seen it, here it is:




And now there are two.

YouTube is packed with trailer reactions, mashups of trailer reactions, reactions to trailer reactions, Easter eggs from the trailer, reactions to Easter eggs from the trailer, probably reactions to the mashups of the reactions to the Easter eggs of the trailer... 

Did we ever get this excited about trailers being released when we were kids? Don't we have anything else to do with our time?

Dork I may be, but I can afford to take a superior attitude here. I have something much better than a trailer. Through a series of strange events, I actually have come into possession of Justice League clips

Don't tell the Warner Brothers, either of them. They'll be mad. 

Have a look:






Yes, my wife gave me these Justice League paper clips. Aren't they awesome? It makes me sad that so little of my work requires paper clips these days.

The lovely and generous Mrs. Key was a little miffed to find that Wonder Woman was not represented in the box. Wonder Woman's problem is not lack of respect or that little boys won't play with girl paper clips, or anything else -- she just never had a good logo. It's true and you know it. She went from an eagle to a sort of WW thing, but never had a symbol that you'd look at and say, "Hey! Wonder Woman!" Not like Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash.

Don't feel too bad for her. Longtime Justice League heroes Atom, Hawkman, Green Arrow, and the Martian Manhunter were left out of the clips too. Of course, they're not in the movie, unless that's a secret the producers are holding on to. Aquaman's in the movie, but he's never had a great logo either, so he's not a paper clip. Original Leaguer Green Lantern is a paper clip, because of his awesome logo, but he's not in the movie, because Ryan Reynolds ruined it for everyone, I guess.

I'm curious about the movie but not excited. These hero pictures are dark and have an enormous body count, usually annihilating large portions of New York or New York-like cities, and as I've said many times before, blowing up New York is just not as much fun now as it was decades ago. I'm surprised little kids like them. I'm surprised parents let little kids see them.

But young or old, we can all play with my cool paper clips. Yay!

No comments: