Friday, March 24, 2017

Hot stuff!

Brace yourself -- this is terrifying:


WHAT IS THAT BEAST?

Well, it's another kitchen gadget from Santa! Yes, I got the Oven Pull Monster, a helpful if fearsome silicone chap whose mouth is perfect for pulling out the oven rack without burning yourself. He's heat resistant to 500 degrees, can move racks, pots, pans, whatever you have in there, and keeps you a hand's length away from the heat. Which is nice, since as we know, oven mitts are not always as heat resistant as they look.

Of course, if you're like me -- and if so I'm sorry -- you can't pick up your Oven Pull Monster without making monster noises.

"AAAAIIIEEEEEEE!!"

This is true whether you got the red one, as I did, or one of the green ones.

"AAAAIIIEEEEEEE IN STEREO!!"

It's a handy tool, and I support any product that makes kitchen burns less likely without compromising the food. Plus, I can carry it around and use it to alarm people I encounter. So I got that going for me.

It turns out that some bug-eyed monsters can be very helpful in the kitchen. Not all of them, of course.


No comments: