Monday, March 20, 2017

Boing.

At 6:28 this morning, it became Spring here on the East Coast of the United States. 

Less than a week after the worst snowstorm of the year. Readers of the Great Lileks and fans of MST3K will understand what I mean when I say it felt like Coily had been at work. 


Should I start whining about all the yard work I have to do? Nah, let's wait until I can actually see the yard. We got up to 40⁰F or so yesterday and it melted a ton of snow, but the grass is still buried under about six inches of the stuff. I have no idea where any of the dogs' toys are. Under there somewhere.

I shall try not to focus on the yard or other housework that will need to be done. If I think about the spring cleaning too much I'll be yelling for another blizzard. Instead I shall focus on baseball, warmth, Easter, and not shoveling snow.

Here's what we can expect to see in a few weeks:


I don't mind plowing so much, but Oxen Local 425 is threatening a strike. And how do Bumpus's sheep keep getting in here?

There's a lot to look forward to. I'm not going to get upset about the spring projects that need doing, anymore than I'm going to get upset about the winter projects that never got done. We do our best, or try to, and on we go!

No comments: