Thursday, February 16, 2023

No man winter.

I don't want to jinx us, but except for a couple of nasty cold snaps, this has been the easiest winter I remember, and I remember a few. The worst weather we have had so far in New York actually started on the first day of winter. It was no joke -- Buffalo got it horribly, and with a body count. But since then it's been very light. When we have had precipitation, it's been warm, so it's been rain. And, Mr. Snow Miser, for the record I am just fine with that. Why, it's like living in the south!




Usually when the winter is warm in this neck of the woods you hear a lot of wailing about global warming, but not this year. No one wants steady, freezing cold, with back-breaking car-wrecking ice and snow measured by the yard. Maybe the big-time climate chaos enthusiasts are thinking, Well, Miami, sucks to be you, but I'm digging this. And I think they can probably relax about Miami too. (Remember the #1 rule of Climatology: If it fits the Narrative™, it's climate; if it contradicts the Narrative™, it's weather.)

Having said all this, I do seem to recall Januarys and Februarys that were deceptively mild, followed by Marches that were -- to put it mildly -- bastards. The worst is when we make it to March 21, or whatever day the vernal equinox falls on that year, and think we're home free, and BLAM! Blizzard. 

So you can bet I'll be keeping a weather eye on things here, and if we do get smacked late in the season, you can bet I'll be linking back to this page. Heat Miser is at his weakest early in the spring, and Snow Miser thinks it's funny to drop a bomb on us just when we think we're safe. Keep watching the skies!

1 comment:

peacelovewoodstock said...

Knock wood. (I'm rapping the top of my head to illustrate).