Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Irony.

If anyone you know is confused by what irony actually is, if they have for example spent time listening to Alanis Morissette and been misled, please refer them to this blog entry. Seldom does life give us as fine an example of irony as I am about to reveal. 

I was on an errand in another town and saw this place--looked interesting. 


I usually fill up on bacon and sugar, like a man, but how about a nice smoothie for a change? (I know, they often have a ton of sugar -- why do you think I like them?) More Life really is all-in on the theme; I got this snap at the sign on the wall inside. 


Indeed, Health Is Wealth, in that if you have no health, you are as poor as a pauper, however much money you have. So let's go in and-- Hey...


Closed? In the morning? But wait -- what's that lower sign say?


There you have it -- More Life has been closed by the county department of health. 

Not ironic enough for you?

Guess which business in this picture is still alive, as it were....





3 comments:

peacelovewoodstock said...

More irony ... next door on the other side is a "Quest Diagnostics" office.

🐻 bgbear said...

See also Odwalla

Stiiv said...

I have cousins all over the Monroe area...if you know anyone with the same last name as mine, odds are they're relatives.