Saturday, November 7, 2020

Where have I been?

Nothing political again today; I just can't stand it. 

Actually I had a busy week, and not just snoring slumping sitting at my desk. I was on the move, getting things done, seeing and being seen, and so on. 

So where have I been?


Walmart, for one, and the garden section is whole-hog Christmas now, featuring that damned snow homunculus, Olaf. God, I hate him and the whole Frozen franchise.  

My cart at Walmart was probably the only Halloweenish thing I saw, thanks to some wag who used a shelf label on my cart:



Must be the anti-Buffalo Bill.

The less-convenient-but-superior local supermarket has not hit its Christmas stride yet. Not that you could guess from the seasonal aisle:


The difference is, rather than any holiday-themed music, they were playing the Greatest Boomer Hits That Annoy Fred. Everything I've heard to death and never bothered to buy, like "Band on the Run." And you know what bugs me about the Yardbirds' "For Your Love"? The backup vocals are awful. They sound like they're singing with a sock stuck in their windpipe. "for yar lahvb"

"Did they play 'Imagine'?" my wife asked when I was kvetching later. 

"I said Hits That Annoy Fred, not Hits That Make Fred Burst Into the Manager's Office and Rip Out the Muzak Machine." 

In the pet store, I could buy a stuffed Santa ass sticking out of a stuffed chimney for the dogs to chew on.


No thanks. Would last about twenty seconds here. 

In another town in the county, a man named Gus Krauss started a camera shop and studio in 1907, and it seems to still be operating today, although said to be closed at the moment, possibly due to Chinese Death Virus. 


Gus left us in 1977, but the shop continued with new owners. Good to see a small business survive so long. 

On that note, the place I go to get my hair cut seems to have been killed off by the COVID, although the signs in the window say they "hope to return soon." Meanwhile, it looks like my wife will be cutting my hair again, unless she wants me to do it myself. Yes, it's blackmail and I don't care. 

Finally, here's a misty moon for you. The nice kind of moon, not the naughty kind. 


Keep on shining, wherever you are.

3 comments:

technochitlin said...

LOL at the 'Lotion' basket- TechnoWife laughed as well!

Robert said...

Yeah, I had to buy the terrorists a new squeaking goose and chicken a couple of weeks ago. They have been desqueaked already.

rbj

FredKey said...

Yes, Jay, I am impressed with the wit of our Walmart shoppers.

And rbj: Our guys are not as energetic as terriers, but I'd put them up against anyone in a toy-destroy competition because of their bite strength. The Golden brings a lot of enthusiasm to the task as well.