Saturday, April 18, 2015

Yet another thing I shouldn't have eaten.

Square doughnut?


Yeah, breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts again. This time I made the horrid mistake of getting one of the new cheesecake doughnuts---it's a... Are you ready for this?

You're not ready for this.

You can't handle this.

Oh, all right.

It is an Oreo Cheesecake Square, which---along with the Raspberry Cheesecake Square---are the latest killer doughnuts unleashed on an unsuspecting populace.

This is all wrong.

Regular readers of this blog know that I often complain about these Dunkin' Donuts doughnuts being much too sweet, so sweet they make diabetics pass out for blocks around, so sweet they make your teeth itch just looking at them, and these readers may suspect that I protest too much. That I'm Br'er Fred, begging not to be forced to eat the oh-too-sweet doughnut.

But the problem here is that the cheesecake squares (and yes, I tried both) are not so sweet as they are weird. I mean yes, they are too sweet, but the "cheesecake" filling is not pleasant. It has a tang that supposedly resembles cream cheese, but tastes more like buttermilk to me. Nor is it rich like French cheese cake; it is almost thin. It tastes like a cheesecake that got to warm, melted, and went off. I kept wanting to like them, I truly did, but it just wasn't working.

Maybe others will find these pleasant, but I didn't. Someone must have okayed them back at DDHQ. Someone must have said, "These taste awesome! Release the squares!" But I would have put a stop to this nonsense before it got that far.

Oh, well; back to the Boston Kreme!

No comments: