Friday, July 14, 2023

Things with which Google cannot help you.

Sure, Google seems omniscient, and may even think it's omnipotent, but we all know that's not true. 

It acts like it thinks it is.

For example, while you can ask Google what the weather is like in Borneo, who the leader of Prussia was in 1610, or what the most popular TV show in 1981 was, there are many questions with which Google is completely useless. Here are a few to think about. 

💻 Did the ground beef in the back of my fridge go off yet?

💻 Did I leave my keys in the car?

💻 What was that toddler of mine thinking?

💻 What was the name of the kid who called me Pork Face on the beach when I was seven?

💻 If we had continued the Apollo program until now, who would be on the moon today?

💻 How many leaves are on this maple?

Maple

💻 What was that dog of mine thinking?

💻 What's the name of that actor in the movie I forget the title of where he plays the guy?

💻 What'd I come into the kitchen for?

💻 What's the name of that squirrel over there?

💻 What are those guys up to across the street?

💻 What was the password on my iMac G3? I want to get something off it.

💻 Is my dry cleaner pressing my gray pants right this second?

💻 What was that wife of mine thinking?

💻 What was the president -- oh, never mind.

💻 ðŸ’» ðŸ’» 

In case you were wondering:

Borneo, as of this writing: Overcast, light rain.

Head of Prussia, most of 1610: John Sigismund

Most popular TV show, 1981: Dallas 

3 comments:

Sandyprice said...

Dallas.

Rosemary and I never watched a single episode. Somehow, I don't feel we missed much.

Stiiv said...

Same here, Sandy. Just another soap opera.

technochitlin said...

But they did have a future Commander of Babylon 5 in the cast!