Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Way-out food.

I know you've been wondering: What's Fred been eating? And I'm happy to say I've been subsisting on a totally far-out diet, man! 

Summer's here, and you know what that means:


Of course I'm referring to yogurt, or in this case the latest Yoplait varieties. I've tried their cross-promotions with Starburst, Skittles, Gushers, and Girl Scout Cookies, so Kool-Aid is hardly a stretch. And look, the logo is even busting through a wall like the Kool-Aid Man!


As is typical for Kool-Aid, the color is not something seen in nature. 


And the stuff tastes like Kool-Aid, too. What you think of that depends on how much you like Kool-Aid, or fear the Kool-Aid Man coming through your house. 

On a healthier note, here's another new varietal of apple that I like. Presenting the Cosmic Crisp!  


Like the SugarBee, which I reviewed in May, the Cosmic Crisp was cultivated from the Honeycrisp in Washington State. It's a cross between a Honeycrisp and an Empire, actually. It's a good, sweet eating apple, but is also recommended for cooking. The site says it's "ideal for snacking, cooking, baking, and entertaining." I mean, it's not that entertaining just sitting there, but your mileage may vary.

Very delicious, but whenever I eat one I hear Fred Schneider and the B-52's singing: 

Eat that thing all night long, eat it man you can't go wrong
Don't let it rest on the president's desk, rock the house
Cosmic, cosmic
Eat that thing, eat that thing, oh yeah

Which is a little disturbing. 


If you wanted to make a whole cosmic breakfast for yourself, eat the apple, forget the yogurt, and have a bowl of this


That might be a little too cosmic, though, without the aid of hallucinogens. 

3 comments:

Dan said...

What? Kellogg's absorbed Little Debbie?

peacelovewoodstock said...

Remember those colored aluminum tumblers that were popular in the 60s? One of those filled with ice cold Kool-Aid was an unbeatable summer treat. I can still taste the faintly metallic tang.

Stiiv said...

Anything with "Cosmic" in its name, especially foods, just screams "STUPID HIPPIE SH*T" to me. That being said, I do like their brownies.