Sunday, August 28, 2022

Life and bags.

Be happy happy happy, people! Keep smiling!


Or maybe not. This cheerful pattern was on some rolls of poop bags I bought for the dogs. The bags did little to cheer me, although I admit I'm always happier when the yard is safe to walk in. The dogs surely are happier to be able to release the gross matter these contain. 

Then there's the Vibrant Life bags. I believe Vibrant Life is a Walmart pet brand, although I've seen things sold by Amazon under that name. They offer pet waste bags as well, which leads to the odd choice to have the words VIBRANT LIFE printed on bags intended to contain the most repellant stuff on earth. 


Vibrant Life sounds like one of those brand names you find on products from Chinese companies. I could easily see anything sold under the name Vibrant Life if it came from a Chinese company: toilet paper holders, potholders, easy chairs, toothpicks, enema inserters, loose transistors, nasal swabs. Whatever it is, they hint, if you buy it your life will become exciting and interesting and people will flock to you. 

Well, to whoever named the Vibrant Life poop bags, I'm sorry to say my life didn't become noticeably better. However, I believe this tiny turtle's life may have. 


Herbert (let's call him Herbert) may have been on his way to the drainage pond near our property when he got stuck in the dry landscape. This has been the driest August I've ever seen, and he seemed to be snarled in some dead grass. And he's such a little dude, barely the size of an old Kennedy half dollar. Mindful of salmonella danger, I used a Vibrant Life bag to pick him up and bring him closer to the pond. I placed him feet-down amid some weeds where there was still some moisture. And I hope he found his way to where he wanted to go from there. 

That was a baby-powder scented bag, by the way, so Herbert is probably the only baby-scented baby turtle in existence right now.

Vibrant Life hasn't made my life Vibrant, but it protected me and may have helped Herbert survive another day. Good luck, Herbert, and happy turtling. 

2 comments:

-bgbear said...

Go turtle

Stiiv said...

Spock: "I am not Herbert."

Tibby: "I am not Gamera."