Tuesday, February 2, 2021

When push comes to shovel.

As I write this Monday evening, it has been snowing for almost 24 hours. It may continue for another 24 hours. I just shoveled the walkway for the second time. The snow was more than two feet deep.

Been a while since we had a real roof crusher in these parts. Haven't missed it, either. But, bad back and all, I braved the weather to do my bit to keep things clear. In fact, I even wrote a song about it. A ballad. The Ballad of Me.

❆❅💪👨❆❄

Oh, Frederick Key was a mighty man
And a mighty man was he
He strode outside to fight the storm
With great integrity

Frederick took his mighty blade
A shovel scoop of yellow
And went to work upon that snow
Like a mighty, manly fellow

He shoveled here and shoveled there
Flinging snowflakes like a nitwit
He made it to his parking pad
Thirty-five steps on his FitBit 

Then Frederick took his mighty phone
And with his great know-how
He called a man most manfully
To come and bring his plow

Then Frederick took himself inside
Having made his mighty call
And took with mighty manliness 
Some mighty Tylenol

☃🌨⛇

I think schoolkids will be singing this one some day, don't you? 

NOW it's four a.m. on Tuesday and I just shoveled the walk for the... fifth time? I've lost count. The bulk of the storm is over but it looks like we'll have some flakes around here for the remainder of the day, self included. The dogs, who woke me up at three, are sleeping peacefully in the hall. I'm going to put my head on the table and blarg. Blarg.

3 comments:

bgbear said...

6 more weeks! - phil

Robert said...

One of my last winters in Toledo we got a total of 7 cumulative feet of snow. The previous record was 6 feet. I do not miss it one bit.

rbj

FredKey said...

I'm backing Staten Island Chuck, Bear -- early spring!

RBJ: We're planning to leave this stupid state at some point -- really, though, the crap weather is not even in the top five reasons. Governor Corleone is, though.