Friday, August 28, 2020

Blow up.

I'm sorry, my friends, but I have nothing to offer today. I spent an awful lot of time yesterday dealing with technical difficulties related to a computer system I use for one of my clients. When the IT department -- the second IT department, because the local guys were perplexed -- was able to resolve it, the file I was working on had to be reverted to an earlier draft, which meant re-reading and re-inputting the work I had done on Wednesday. Well, as the lawyers say, it's all billable hours.

And then Roomba tried to strange me!
So I hope to be back tomorrow with one of my jolly japes or therious think pieces. In the meantime, I thank you, and wish you a better day than I had yesterday.

3 comments:

Mongo919 said...

Hope you have a good weekend, Fred. At least the billable hours assuage some of the pain, but you'd probably forego the money for the peace of mind.

Mrs. Mongo is on-call 24/7 every fourth week, and though she gets paid extra for it, I know she'd rather give that up than get called while at the gym or in the shower. Had the same situation when I was working, and the midnight calls weren't worth it.

bgbear said...

To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer.

FredKey said...

We all know that Mrs. Mongo is actually Liberty Belle, the famous superheroine.