Saturday, August 5, 2017

Take without food.

A dear member of my family is facing a medical condition. Nothing life-threatening; treatable, in fact, by one simple pill each day. 

But therein lies the problem. 

This pill must be taken on an empty stomach. Moreover, the stomach must remain empty for a period of an hour after taking. It's advised that she take it in the morning, staying upright to keep the pill in the stomach, eating nothing and drinking only water for that first hour. 

No breakfast? No problem -- she doesn't eat breakfast. 

No coffee for an hour?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

This has proven to be a real challenge for her. I don't think she'd mind me saying: She is devoted to coffee. To have to wait for an hour before getting recharged by the nectar of the gods is cruel. 

I guess this pill is one of those guys who has got to have the whole beach to himself. He does not play well with others. 


I completely sympathize with my beloved relation. I know she had been trying to get treatment for some time, and is not about to jeopardize her health now.

But coffee is medicinal as well. For her sake I hope they come out with a version of this pill that can be mixed into coffee. That'd be awesome.

No comments: