Friday, September 16, 2016

Free wheeling.

Awesome news: I paid off my car!

After all these years, it is mine, all mine!

Which came like an early Christmas present, because I thought I had a few more months to go!

YAHOO!

And look at this beauty; it's as gorgeous as the day I drove it off the lot with my brother!


Yes indeedy! Now I have a big problem -- what am I gonna do with an extra forty bucks a month, huh? Heh heh heh.

Heh heh [wipes eyes]. No, seriously, folks, I really did pay off the car a little earlier than I had expected. I assumed there had been a mistake when the last bill was lower than it had been the previous 865 months, and then when I got a refund for 31 cents (really!) I figured I had made the mistake. Then the deed came. We done paid off the ranch, maw!

This is the third car in my name that my wife and I have paid off from new-off-the-lot, plus two more cars in her name. That makes me responsible! That makes me pragmatic! That makes me old!

Seriously, each car had a five or more year payment plan, followed by me driving it until it was a sad and sorry husk or a wrecked piece of roadkill. So while I was putting a lot of miles on them, I was putting even more miles on me.

I guess it's all right -- and I suppose it helps my credit rating. I'll be able to get loans when I'm 105. So I got that going for me.

No comments: