Sunday, July 12, 2015

Fugit.

I know I've complained about the overwhelming cross-promotion of the Minions movie (which is a huge hit already, but not universally loved). And yet that's not why I'm complaining today. Today I'm complaining about this:

Seen at Walmart yesterday.
"Back to School"? Seriously? Or as the Minions would say, WTF?


Couldn't you at least wait for the All-Star Break? Or Bastille Day?

It's not that I'm going to miss vacation; I'm self-employed, so I never GET vacation. It's not that I'm going back to school; I would be happy to go back to school in September if it meant I could fart around for two months before then. It's that I'm mad on behalf of the kids, who will freak out when they see Back to School sales (although it may be softened by the soothing presence of those little yellow pill-like Minions).

I'm also at that age where time is moving fast enough on its own without any pushing from the retailers, thanks very much.

Tempus fugit, I guess, and all that, but come on---at a local Hallmark later that morning:


Yep---Christmas ornaments. I've seen this kind of behavior out of Hallmark before, but it always comes as a rude surprise.

Come on, Time, can't you ease it up a little bit?

Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring
The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To fly—and Lo! the Bird is on the Wing.

Starting to feel like the Bird of Time has crapped all over town. 

No comments: